London Atheist Activist Group (friendly community) Message Board 1. MAIN FORUM - (non-Islam) › Scouts reject boy who says he does not believe in God

Scouts reject boy who says he does not believe in God

Georgi L.
Guffaw
London, GB
Post #: 803
Now then, why can't the scouts be prosecuted for discrimination?

Scouts
Barry R.
user 10723166
London, GB
Post #: 419
Surely this breaks the law?

This is discrimination, pure and simple. Does anybody know if the NSS has a legal support facility that might take this up?

Lorna M.
user 14006726
Billericay, GB
Post #: 39
NSS have been on this for a while, but apparently the Scouts are exempt from equalities legislation so they can't bring a legal challenge.
http://www.secularism...­
Barry R.
user 10723166
London, GB
Post #: 421
"..exempt from equalities legislation.."

How nice.
There's only one reason that any individual or organisation would seek exemption from such legislation, I would think.

They don't like equality.
Martyn
Maradam
Guildford, GB
Post #: 300
Would it be worth our while in having a pressure campaign of our own against this appaling policy? I know a scout leader - maybe I'll ask him if he believes in conducting one-way telepathic communication with an alien entity. If not perhaps he should resign!
Martyn
Maradam
Guildford, GB
Post #: 301
This is the address of the man who is proud of the inclusivity of the Scouting Association. That is, all scouts have to believe in an alien entity - but those that prefer evidence based beliefs, i.e. those that are objective, these are excluded.

Bear Grylls
Chief Scout
The Scout Association
Gilwell Park
Chingford
London
E4 7QW

I shall wait a day or two for my fury to abate before deciding whether to write to the &$^£* $&*$&^ing *£*£ker!