London Atheist Activist Group (informal community) Message Board 1. MAIN FORUM - (non-Islam) › Richard Mourdock Says Even Pregnancy from Rape is Something God intended to

Richard Mourdock Says Even Pregnancy from Rape is Something God intended to Happen

Martyn
Maradam
Guildford, GB
Post #: 328
Richard Mourdock Says Even Pregnancy from Rape is Something God intended to Happen

I wonder if he would be willing to let another man, or perhaps a small group of like-minded 'enthusiastic' men, provide him with first-hand experience of them trying to make him pregnant.

Praise The Lord! I think we should get the Vatican to offer him as a replacement for all those choir boys that are now off-limits. In the name of God of course. He seems to think that its OK, no big deal.
CHERYL K.
user 9335524
London, GB
Post #: 446
Logically that would mean the rape itself must be God's intention then? Extending that further, it must mean God chose an unwilling rapee to be the victim of an aggressive criminal, causing a number of possible damaging results, depending on the terrorising and the aggression.
I find people with the inability to think clearly and consequentially way more frightening than many criminals. Especially when those people have power and influence.
Roger
user 33309642
London, GB
Post #: 42
Is everything dictated by god? Or nothing? Or something in between? I think we should be told. And who decides which is which? Not god, I think...
Barry R.
user 10723166
London, GB
Post #: 434
Following this man's logic a little further:

If God allows rape to occur, should we, perhaps 'decriminalise' the offence?

We can't have laws which legislate against God's will, surely.
Roger
user 33309642
London, GB
Post #: 43
Or murder, arson, theft... it's all god's will, so who are we to criticise anything that happens. We should give praises for every single moment of every day because it's all a miracle.
Ooh, gotta stop now, my tongue's getting tired...
Martyn
Maradam
Guildford, GB
Post #: 330
THIS is what is meant by Religious Ethics.
All crime is God's will.
He knows what is in our hearts.
Praise The Lord and pass the choir boy.
angry
Rose
user 53882812
London, GB
Post #: 75
If rape is a god's will, that means rapists (who, by definition, did not consent to the rape) are sinful for going against that god... so it's a sin to be raped! Logically, that means every Xian, when deciding whether to have sex, should pray, and do whatever their god tells them. Of course, this would mean that the Xian god is dictating to women when they have sex, so in addition to being the ultimate abortionist, he's the ultimate rapist! Omnibenevolent, my heathen arse!
Roger
user 33309642
London, GB
Post #: 44
Don't you mean "rapees"?
CHERYL K.
user 9335524
London, GB
Post #: 447
Oh, I forgot.

If this happens in a fundamentalist Muslim country, for example (this is a true story - but no doubt one of many), the rape of a 13 year old girl by her brother's friends when their parents were out and the young men were drinking and drugging, and she was in bed but came downstairs for something.

The consequence was she got pregnant. And as we know a woman needs the testimony of three other women to equal the testimony of one man, so what chance did she have trying to prove rape? Her brother and friends wouldn't have owned up to the drink and drugs. So she was found guilty, at 13, a virgin, of coming downstairs to solicit sex from this gang of older boys, in front of her brother, of what? Soliciting and fornication? Not sure if their classifications.

The sentence? Death by stoning.

She was forced to go through with the pregnancy and give birth, knowing that immediately after the birth she would be led out of the hospital and stoned to death.

This story came out of Saudi Arabia and was reported by an English nurse who was working in the hospital where the girl was incarcerated for the term of her pregnancy. The nurse was in terrible state of outrage asking why "somebody couldn't do something!" But they couldn't.

God's will.
Martyn
Maradam
Guildford, GB
Post #: 333
Do we know the name of the girl, the date and her fate? It would be nice to enquire of the BBC what the ethics of the case were.