London Atheist Activist Group (friendly community) Message Board 1. MAIN FORUM - (non-Islam) › You couldn't make it up ...Man files $3 million suit against church for crus

You couldn't make it up ...Man files $3 million suit against church for crushing him with the gaint crucifix he says cured wife's cancer

Georgi L.
Guffaw
London, GB
Post #: 861
This from THink Atheist.

Apparently, among the devout, God gets credit for curing cancer but none for pulverizing a leg, despite using the same holy instrument to achieve both. That's surprising, since I'm sure there is scant evidence to support the role the crucifix played in the cancer-curing, in contrast with the rather stark role it played in the leg-crushing.

I'm wondering how all of this works. Is his good-guy leg up there in heaven, waiting for the rest of him to come up later? What happens if the rest of him ends up going to hell for suing God's own church? (Or would that kind of retaliation be too petty even for God?) Would God just toss the leg down to hell after him, or keep it up there, since it was lopped off pre-lawsuit?

Barry R.
user 10723166
London, GB
Post #: 451
Ah, don'tcha just love it when the religious do this sort of thing?

If proof were needed that the religious mind is deeply confused and conflicted, this article adds to the ever-growing pile.

Martyn
Maradam
Guildford, GB
Post #: 350
Perhaps God has a budget of suffering. If he credits the wife's account he has to debit the husband's.
<Thinks...>
Crikey! If that's true I must have made my ex really unhappy.