Alex D
SeeksTruthNboobs
London, GB
Post #: 189
This forum's been here over a month and nobody's reported any good deeds - proof there's no morality without religion? wink
Georgi L.
Guffaw
London, GB
Post #: 881
biggrin

Alex, this was something I had asked Jodie to create and facilitate. Unfortunately she's been indisposed for many weeks now for various reasons, hence the forum and 'programme' has been stalled for now until we can find someone else with time/enthusiasm to get it off the ground. I am far too stretched to take this on as well myself, and therefore our various projects do need volunteers to own them. I'm really pleased that Alastair has volunteered to drive the Central LAAG campaign for delinking religion from the ethics categories of organsations and I hope we'll find other people who will also take up some other projects as well.
Georgi L.
Guffaw
London, GB
Post #: 884
Just to clarify, this is to be a set of initiatives where we support any causes not specifically linked with atheism or rationalism. E.g. Facilitating people to put themselves on the Antony Nolan bone marrow register, carry organ donation cards, a blood giving drive (CLHG do this already and we can always join with them on their events), any very specific charities... (I don't necessarily agree with charity for the sake of it as I think it is often just done to feel good and without really caring what happens to the money, if there are other self-serving agendas attached (e.g religious charities such as oxfam) or if it could be put to better use elsewhere...but the ones I personally support are those that I've spent looking into. They waste little on admin, and have educational and/or preventative bents and/or get a lot of bang for their buck: IMPACT, HEAL )

We had gotten some way down the road of the Antony Nolan thing, but they need healthly men under age of 30 and weighing at least 58kg. hence one way would be to do a drive at a university. Needs someone to own this though, and drive it forward.

Any other ideas/initiatives/volunteers welcome!
Adrian
KingHell
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 308
Does this count - I didn't fuck up lots of religious people who deserved it. That's a pretty good deed where I come from! And it took some self-discipline I can tell you. So Alex, it can be things you didn't do as well active ones I reckon.
Martyn
Maradam
Guildford, GB
Post #: 369
Does this count - I didn't fuck up lots of religious people who deserved it. That's a pretty good deed where I come from! And it took some self-discipline I can tell you. So Alex, it can be things you didn't do as well active ones I reckon.
...and I've put my subversive plans on hold. That must count as something.