London Atheist Activist Group (friendly community) Message Board 1. MAIN FORUM - (non-Islam) › Indian women beat up rapist politician

Indian women beat up rapist politician

A former member
Post #: 744
Normally I don't support vigilante acts, but in light of recent horrific events in India, I welcome this bit of news:

Indian police have detained a politician accused of rape after he was set upon and beaten by crowds in a village in Assam state. National television broadcast footage of Bikram Singh Brahma, from the Congress Party, being stripped of his shirt and slapped by the women. Police acted after the victim's husband reported the alleged rape.

Pressure has grown for tougher action on rape since a woman was attacked in Delhi on 16 December and later died. Five men have been charged with the kidnap, gang-rape and murder of the 23-year-old, whose name has not been released.

The government has set up a committee under a retired supreme court judge to recommend changes to the law on rape.

Full story
Georgi L.
Guffaw
London, GB
Post #: 1,101
Yes, there needs to be a sense of outrage shown by the masses before any politicians seem to get the message. Not only in India.