London Atheist Activist Group (friendly community) Message Board 1. MAIN FORUM - (non-Islam) › Islamic extremist who beat son to death jailed for life

Islamic extremist who beat son to death jailed for life

Andy S.
user 8457357
London, GB
Post #: 180
http://www.guardian.c...­

I don't like to play the "why didn't anyone spot this?" card. But if a school notices a child can't write or sit down because of injuries - shouldn't alarm bells have started ringing?

Once again proof of the disgusting power of superstition.
Richard F
user 2543752
London, GB
Post #: 942
The case is slightly more complicated, as the wife had been beaten up by the husband many times before and she claimed that he had forced her to say that she had killed the son when it was he who had lost his temper and had hit the boy so hard that he had died. Do I think that she is innocent?... No. Do I think that the husband was involved?.. Yes.

I agree with Andy that this is yet another case of how the authorities should have stepped in and didn't, either because of incompetence, or because of cultural caution, or religious privilege, or a mixture of the above.
Simon
user 75552172
London, GB
Post #: 3
There was an article in the Times that said as the worst thing someone in social services can be called is a racist they tend to tread too carefully even when there are signs of clear abuse. Any attempts to correct this brings out the self interest groups who use any means to resist it. In the meantime it will continue.
John P
Hedgehog1965UK
London, GB
Post #: 1,298
I was passing through Waterloo station last Sunday and noticed a huge advertisement billboard promoting the Koran (which I meant to photograph on my way home, to post here, but forgot). The advert ended something like "Millions of people memorise the Koran. Ever wondered why?". I thought to myself "Yes, because they are are forced to read and memorise it when they are kids". Then the next day I heard about this story angry
Barry R.
user 10723166
London, GB
Post #: 601
Ironic, eh?

Should I ever see such a poster I would be sorely tempted to resort to a bit of graffiti-writing. After the words, 'Millions of people memorise the Koran', I'd write, 'And many millions more don't'.