addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

London Atheist Activist Group (informal community) Message Board 1. MAIN FORUM - (non-Islam) › "Conspiracy Road Trip: Creationism (mus+chris faith) ..A must see BBC-

"Conspiracy Road Trip: Creationism (mus+chris faith) ..A must see BBC-3 T.V. video!

Derek S.
user 37948572
London, GB
Post #: 392
" Hi to all of ...non-faith & non-belief

"Something a little-more on the lighter-side.. of the super-natural-faith-belief ..in the non-existent..

Comedian Andrew Maxwell (atheist) takes five British creationists to the west coast of America to try to convince them that evolution rather than creationism explains how we all got here. Stuck on a bus across 2,000 miles of dustbowl roads with these passionate believers, Maxwell tackles some firmly held beliefs - could the Earth be only 6,000 years old, and did humans and T-Rex really live side by side? It's a bumpy ride as he's confronted with some lively debates along the way, but by the end could he possibly win over any of these believers with what he regards as hard scientific fact?

" All I can say to that is ...best of luck Andy.. Up-hill or what! ..with-5-creattards.

Noah had dinosaurs..On the ark two by 2..er-really!

Anyway I hope this video makes you all ..At lest smile.

Enjoy all..

Del..the infidel.
Brian
roy23
London, GB
Post #: 11
It is a shame the presenter was so ill informed, could have been more persuasive had he been a scientist,
:
The Grand Canyon, no mention of carbon dating or fossil variation in the strata.
Noah's Ark :Not 16,000 species but 1 million, for a year come on the logistics of feeding them, and micro climates, and what about kangaroos.
I had a laugh when, one of the Christians said "You should meet a real creationist geologist"
These religious guys do not like to discuss there beliefs, Ignorance is religious bliss.
lol Brian

Georgi L.
Guffaw
London, GB
Post #: 1,157
Thanks for posting Del. But it didn't make me smile ...I found it really quite depressing because 1/ these are Brits (we expect lunacy from brainwashed hicksville Americans and the even more unfortunate uneducated masses is Muslim countries) 2/ they're young.

The fact that these people, with all the facilities of information and education open to them can be so willfully ignorant leaves me speechless. The education system must be failing spectacularly such that they learned such few critical thinking skills. I found myself literally shaking my head whilst enduring the absolute twaddle that comes out of their mouths with such utter conviction ...makes me despair, it really does.

Brian, in fairness the expert probably did say all that but they edit out loads in these programmes so one never knows if what one is watching is a fair representation or not.
Rose
user 53882812
London, GB
Post #: 179
I remember watching this when it was on. At the end, when Andrew Maxwell says words to the effect of "There's either a god for everyone, or there isn't a god for anyone.", I was yelling at my TV: "Keep going..."