add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

London Atheist Activist Group (informal community) Message Board 1. MAIN FORUM - (non-Islam) › Remember: He died for us, so that we could...

Remember: He died for us, so that we could...

A former member
Post #: 810
Eat chocolate eggs.

Merry easter.
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 494
Well if he comes back he's going to fucking well die again isn't he ;-)

Happy Spring Chocolate Weekend.
A former member
Post #: 811
I saw a comedian once who said "If jesus came back, do you think he'd really want to see crosses everywhere? If you were crucified on a cross, that's the last thing you'd want to fucking see! It'd be like Buddy Holly coming back and seeing everyone wearing miniature planes round their necks.
user 12766064
London, GB
Post #: 74
But,,, he didn't 'die for us', he was tortured and killed, at the behest of his *cough cough* father,, so a big difference.

Almost all Christians use the term 'He died for us' because it sounds more palatable, so they need to be corrected, and reminded of what a nasty piece of work their god is.
A former member
Post #: 813
Stop pointing out the contradictions and logical fallacies! This is the time to focus on the deliciousness of chocolate eggs, not get all aggressively secular!
user 33309642
London, GB
Post #: 172
Chocolate is indeed a sacrament atheists and followers of all religions (except veganism) can share in.
Guildford, GB
Post #: 569
Eat chocolate eggs.

Merry easter.

Who woulda thought that nailing that guy to a plank o' wood would have given so many women orgasmic-like culinery experiences.

(ducks and hides in corner)
A former member
Post #: 814

Who woulda thought that nailing that guy to a plank o' wood would have given so many women orgasmic-like culinery experiences.

(ducks and hides in corner)

That reminded me of this hilarious video.

Georgi L.
London, GB
Post #: 1,395
>slaps head< "when religion mimics mental illness"? Religion IS a mental illness.
Alex D
London, GB
Post #: 360
This whole "Jeshua died for us" thing (NB. 'Jesus' as a name didn't exist at the time; the most similar Aramiac or Hebrew name would have been Jeshua = Joshua) REALLY gets on my tits. IF he existed, and IF he was the son of god, then he would have been unique amongst humans in being 100% certain of the existence of god, 100% certain of the existence of an afterlife, and 100% certain of his guaranteed place there. So unlike the rest of us he would have faced death in the absolute certainty that it would just be a short, unpleasant initiation to his GUARANTEED ETERNITY OF BLISS afterwards. And we're supposed to feel grateful? We're supposed to see this as some sort of a sacrifice? Fuck him. If I could volunteer for three days of the most horrible, painful, gruesome, gory torture to guarantee me eternity in heaven afterwards I would nail myself up there myself. Today. No-brainer.

Hundreds of thousands of people have been crucified throughout human history. 'Jesus' is the LEAST deserving of any sort of pity or sympathy. All the rest had to face it in terror of oblivion, whereas for him it was just a three-day interlude of unpleasantness interrupting his eternal privileged existence. Fuck him.