Martyn
Maradam
Guildford, GB
Post #: 618
My story dates from before the internet, actually. Remember that time?
I remember. When re-booting a PC was a dangerous weekend activity rather than an everyday occurrence.

...and when computer operators worked in dark and dingey mills, shovelling coal to keep the steam pressure up.

...and telephones lived in their own little red glass houses.

<sigh>
AJ
zorba74
London, GB
Post #: 3
Yes, but sometimes people make it vague on their profiles: "Religious- but not important", "Spiritual, not religious" etc . And there are any number of people who think that " humanist" just means someone who is kind, helpful etc to other people rather than the irreligious connotation in which we use it.!
David S
hyponitrite
Shepperton, GB
Post #: 75
True, but there are no guarantees out there. Even someone who has never attended church may fall in with 'bad company' and the next thing you know they're on the alpha course. It happens.

I guess it's better to find an apostate; someone who's been there and rejected it; try putting that in your "WLTM....".
Georgi L.
Guffaw
London, GB
Post #: 1,493
We met one guy who was atheist, married to an atheist...but she decided to take up singing. Sounds innocuous? She went to church to sing in a choir, found all the attention so appealing apparently that she became more and more entrenched. They divorced when she became an Xtian vicar!

Martyn
Maradam
Guildford, GB
Post #: 624
We met one guy who was atheist, married to an atheist...but she decided to take up singing. Sounds innocuous? She went to church to sing in a choir, found all the attention so appealing apparently that she became more and more entrenched. They divorced when she became an Xtian vicar!
Oh Good Grief! <FX: Forehead slap> shock

I wonder how long we, as individuals, would last on an Alpha course? Anyone care to start a sweepstake?

I went to a Sci-tuality lecture but had to leave after an hour or so because I couldn't stomach the crap being taught - by a real professor too! Apparently there's another dimension (which physicists must have missed) where our souls live.... and telepathy and telekinesis are real.
Steve
lawlorsteve
Purley, GB
Post #: 920
".....They divorced when she became an Xtian vicar!

I think that would be a deal breaker for just about every atheist.

There are some very strange people on dating websites. The worst one I saw said:
"I am a god fearing woman". - Enough to scare away even christians, I wouldn't be
surprised. Let alone scare away atheists.
Right Rev. Richard...
TheRightDickEd
Godalming, GB
Post #: 28
Atheists?
Breeding?
God forbid!!!

Praise The Lord!
AJ
zorba74
London, GB
Post #: 7
There was a plan sometime ago here to have an atheist singles . oops.. "mingles" night- Any updates?
Georgi L.
Guffaw
London, GB
Post #: 2,878
There was a plan sometime ago here to have an atheist singles . oops.. "mingles" night- Any updates?
Yes, Ajith has volunteered to set a night up in a hall, with food and music to boot!. We'll do it as an early Autumn social, as summer nights are better spent outdoors - so do come along and you never know whom you may find there too ;-)