London Atheist Activist Group (informal community) Message Board 1. MAIN FORUM - (non-Islam) › Pope Beergoggles says something that will upset many Catholics

Pope Beergoggles says something that will upset many Catholics

A former member
Post #: 1,026
It's not exactly a renouncement of the church's homophobia but he's gone further than recent popes, and that alone might make him a candidate for a quick despatch by church officials. They've done it before.

Pope Francis has said gay people should not be judged or marginalised.

Speaking to reporters on a flight back from Brazil, he said: "If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge him?"

He also referred to the teachings of the Roman Catholic church, which say that while homosexual acts are sinful, homosexual orientation is not.

The Pope's remarks are being seen as much more conciliatory than his predecessor's position on the issue.

Angela D.
user 71491512
London, GB
Post #: 116
Now that IS most intriguing... I just can't rake my brains how it could done.
I expect someone will suggest something?
David S
hyponitrite
Shepperton, GB
Post #: 94
HELP !!!

The pope now says that atheists can go to heaven if they behave appropriately (or words to that effect).

WHAT MUST I DO TO AVOID THIS FATE???

VI
Steve
lawlorsteve
Purley, GB
Post #: 932
Hi Hamid,

no doubt it will be along the lines of "love the sinner, not the sin". I'm not expecting the Catholic Church to recruit more gay priests anytime soon, so probably no advertisting in "Gay Times", "Boyz" either. I was gonna suggest "Diva" but as they won't want women priests either...

Steve.

It's not exactly a renouncement of the church's homophobia but he's gone further than recent popes, and that alone might make him a candidate for a quick despatch by church officials. They've done it before.

Pope Francis has said gay people should not be judged or marginalised.

Speaking to reporters on a flight back from Brazil, he said: "If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge him?"

He also referred to the teachings of the Roman Catholic church, which say that while homosexual acts are sinful, homosexual orientation is not.

The Pope's remarks are being seen as much more conciliatory than his predecessor's position on the issue.