London Atheist Activist Group (friendly community) Message Board 1. MAIN FORUM - (non-Islam) › From Peter Boghossian's FB : New strategy. Yes Islam is a race.

From Peter Boghossian's FB : New strategy. Yes Islam is a race.

Georgi L.
Guffaw
London, GB
Post #: 1,962
New strategy: Yes, Islam is a race. But atheism is also a race. And if you make disparaging remarks about atheism you're a racist.
David S
hyponitrite
Shepperton, GB
Post #: 119
Sorry Ginny, am I missing something here? Religions are not inheritable characteristics and have nothing to do with racial traits. Would we call the Tories or the Liberals, races?

VI
Georgi L.
Guffaw
London, GB
Post #: 1,966
Sorry Ginny, am I missing something here? Religions are not inheritable characteristics and have nothing to do with racial traits. Would we call the Tories or the Liberals, races?

VI
Exactly V.I., it's a brilliant case of what comic Mark Thomas calls 'out-weirding'. Here's a link. PB is making just that point that if you're going to call criticism of Islam a racism issue, then by that 'logic' any criticism of atheism must also be one, and therefore we're entitled to protectionism etc etc.
David S
hyponitrite
Shepperton, GB
Post #: 120
Ok, thanks; I see where he's coming from now.

VI
Rose
user 53882812
London, GB
Post #: 205
I think David Gilmour made a far more important and impressive contribution to Pink Floyd than either Roger Waters or Syd Barrett, and if you should contradict me, well then, I guess I'll have to play the racist card.