London Atheist Activist Group (informal community) Message Board 1. MAIN FORUM - (non-Islam) › More Atheist students under threat!

More Atheist students under threat!

Richard F
user 2543752
London, GB
Post #: 1,082
Looks like Cloe is not the only atheist student that THE AUTHORITIES are trying to silence.

LSE is shit!

WTF!
Georgi L.
Guffaw
London, GB
Post #: 2,000
Not this bloody shit at LSE again. For fuck's sake, in universities of all places one should expect people to know the difference between being able to criticise an idea and being prejudiced on grounds of race.

Good that the NSS are weighing in. Our friend Stephen Evans, NSS campaigns manager (who gave us an excellent talk on free speech earlier this year , said: "There is something very disturbing about the curtailing of free speech on university campuses simply on the grounds of claimed offence. Being offended from time to time is the price you pay for living in an open and free society. If any religion is off-limits for open debate we are in a very dangerous situation."

Perhaps they should do this: Hungarian Students protest
Brian
roy23
London, GB
Post #: 132
Richard Dawkins ‏@RichardDawkins
If LSE students could impeach their present union leadership, it would be a wonderful example to other universities around the country.
Georgi L.
Guffaw
London, GB
Post #: 2,009
Great response by Jesus and Mo cartoon:
Georgi L.
Guffaw
London, GB
Post #: 2,010
Here's an email to LAAG from Chris, at LSECU ( We'll be sending out an email to all members about this by tomorrow, but do get signing the petition straight away please) :

Dear Adrian,

Thank you for your email, and thank you so much for expressing your support - it's great to know that we are not alone out there.

Thanks also for the invitation - sounds very interesting, and would indeed be great to meet! As you will understand, this is keeping us very busy at the moment, so can't make any promise, but I will definitely try to come along. I've also copied in Abhishek, maybe he is also available. Please let me know where you are meeting, I will definitely do my best to come along.

In the meantime, if you would like to support us, a LSE Student Governor has set up a petition that is open to sign for everyone.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/jay-stoll-lse-sabbatical-officers-apologise-for-the-blatant-attack-on-free-speech-mistreatment-of-lse-students-at-freshers-fayre­

Please feel free to share it, would be good if we got a high number of signatures.

Thank you for your help, and see you soon hopefully!

Cheers,
Chris

Richard F
user 2543752
London, GB
Post #: 1,084
Signed and shared