addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Cloe
golfwang
London, GB
Post #: 134

Just watched this trailer, squirmed and laughed.
Jason
SweynTUV
London, GB
Post #: 297
Oh dear. What an embarrassing and cynical pile of steaming nonsense. I guess this is what hard-up American actors do when their British counterparts would have turned to a season in panto. Easy money from a captive audience that will come see it regardless of anything as long as you stick to the formula.

God is dead, isn't he children? Oh no he isn't. He's behind you.
Andy S.
user 8457357
London, GB
Post #: 198
I think it's great that the continuing billowing of atheism into the American consciousness has effectively led to the funding of this glorified TV movie. Sure it's a straw man attack on atheism (and philosophy seemingly) but I doubt this will float well at the box office. Too "Dawson's Creek" for the middle-aged evangelicals and not enough sex, drugs, violence or gross-out comedy for your average teen. What's funny is people is funded this which will no doubt become a staple on the atheist comedy cinema club in future decades when it looks, almost impossibly, more anachronistic than it does already
A former member
Post #: 115
No atheist should or would (to my thinking) say god is dead. That would infer he did at some time exist. Nor could a true philosopher make such a stupid statement. There should be some way to challenge this misrepresentation of the atheist viewpoint!
Jason
SweynTUV
London, GB
Post #: 299
And any philosophy professor that struggles to answer the question "Why do you hate God?" really ought to be looking for another career, preferably one where the questions are no harder to answer than "Do you want fries with that?" smile
Georgi L.
Guffaw
London, GB
Post #: 2,087

God is dead, isn't he children? Oh no he isn't. He's behind you.

Do you want fries with that
Jason, you really are pricelesslove struck
Richard F
user 2543752
London, GB
Post #: 1,101
O.k. I've thrown up three times since I've watched this trailer. What a vile piece of propagandist pap. Talk about a strawman fallacy. This is a clear case of using the Persecution Principle to rally the troupes. "Hey, look. We are under attack. We must fight back!" Except that, as always, the opposite is true. You don't get this kind of absolutist oppression from non-religious teachers - you get it from religious ones. I hope that this film is the one that dies... but knowing the American audience... it will live well and prosper!

p.s. Friedrich Nietzsche said that God was dead, and he was just pointing out that if you stop believing in God then that concept dies. He was an atheist and a philosopher.