Jason
SweynTUV
London, GB
Post #: 470
Perhaps debating with creationists is not top of our list these days but here's a great half hour video packed with good stuff. It was made by a conspiracy nut that has seen the light and tries to counter the utter nonsense of Ray Comfort's "Evolution vs. God". His style may grind you down a bit but stick with it because content-wise it's excellent.

A former member
Post #: 27
Had no idea king Croc was conspiracy nut. Been watching his stuff last couple of years.
Comfort has a connection to Truth In Science in the UK, its tenuous, the businesses co-habit office space , but if you are aware of Truth in Science, it seems there might be something worthwhile to finding out more about this.
http://www.bcseweb.or...­
A member of truth in Science appeared on the Ken ham vs Bill Nye debate as one of Ken's scientific authorities.

Comfort is another con man. You might like some baud2bits aswell.
Comfort the exorcist
https://www.youtube.c...­
faith healing
https://www.youtube.c...­
Jorge
user 134044402
London, GB
Post #: 47
Jason, great many thanks for this!

The quick and efficient knowledge imparting and analogies between evolution and gravity (which is easier understood), plus the short and simple explanation of the scientific method greatly helped me today on bringing some light onto someone who was bashing evolution on account of "having holes".

On further inspection, not only the person could not explain what exactly these "holes" were, only that he had heard this in his "education", but also showed a complete lack of knowledge of what the scientific method is and isn't to start with, lack of knowledge of the difference between theory and hypothesis (oh-thats-just-a-theory (tm)), not to mention of what the claims of evolution are and its actual (and overwhelming) evidence is, and (because of lack of the SM method), how is actually easy to prove evolution is wrong (just present a single contradiction to the model, and that's it), yet *no one* has ever been able to achieve this to date in a verifiable way, and even the genome decoding adventure of the last few years has confirmed the bloody prediction model.

This excellent video provided me the ability to explain all these complicated concepts in a couple of minutes without the threat of utter boredom and keeping the friendly approach going. biggrin

It's funny, following the PB method, the more these conversations I get into, the more I start to realize how a lot of this apparent bollocking actually comes from a lack of very basic knowledge about reality, the scientific method, and especially, the will to think a little bit ahead of whatever biased pile of woo has been hammered down in childhood, providing the perfect breeding ground for the faith virus to multiply itself like the plague.

If you'd asked me a year ago, I'd probably say these people were just barking mad, and I'd stay very well away from them.
I'm seeing otherwise nowadays, how the cogs in there can start turning - and that's very inspiring.