Atheist Feminists Message Board The London Feminism Meetup Group Discussion Forum › FYI for FF activists - from Pat Banks Supporter and volunteer for Iran Liberty

FYI for FF activists - from Pat Banks Supporter and volunteer for Iran Liberty

Sue M
sue.mayer
Group Organizer
London, GB
I am writing to ask if you and/or some of your members would be interested in attending a meeting to mark International Women's Day being held next Saturday 2nd March by Iran Liberty.

This is  a group of Iranian exiles, many of whom, including women,  have showed great bravery in demonstrating against the brutal fundamentalist regime in Iran and have endured terrible conditions in prison.

The opposition party to the present regime have as their leader a remarkable woman -  Mariam Rajavi.  If she took over power in Iran, it would become a modern, democratic state.  She would introduce her 10 point plan which includes rights for women and religious freedom.  Also, the nuclear programme would be closed down.

The meeting next Saturday will commemorate the resistance of women for freedom and their fight for democracy, tolerance and women's rights in countries which have oppressive regimes. There will be high profile women speakers and also an Iranian singer, famous in Iran, who now lives in America, will be performing.

It is on 2nd March, you would be most welcome.  The meeting is being held at St Anne's Church hall, .
55 Dean Street, W1D 6AF. We hope very much to meet some of you.

With my regards

Pat Banks  Supporter and volunteer for Iran Liberty
A former member
Post #: 141
Also, the nuclear programme would be closed down.

Except I believe the Iranians on this, that their nuclear programme is only for their energy needs. The western authorities seem to have a vested interest in giving Iran a lot of stick and remember they were wrong about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction.