align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Atheist Feminists Message Board The London Feminism Meetup Group Discussion Forum › IS COUNTERING LIES - "Jesus Loves Little Children" - "negati

IS COUNTERING LIES - "Jesus Loves Little Children" - "negative & counter productive"?

Sue M
sue.mayer
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 3,465
"In 2006 the controversial Jesus Camp in the US shut down after a documentary film which featured events of children praying in tongues and sobbing with repentance in the camp met with a negative response. – Christian website report "

I was part of that 'negative' response and I can assure you that the response was far from negative.

The 'good-without-god' Humanists who want us to respect religion often accuse strong atheists and secularists of being 'negative', believing in nothing, being intolerant and disrespectful of religion and being counter-productive in promoting their version of humanism.

In the same year I posted this short video opposing this key teaching of all the religions. It is a fallacy that underpins religious teaching in schools in Britain. I have no idea if it was ever part of the outcry against these abominable Jesus Camps.

It was never promoted by the British secular humanist movement, or if it will ever be used to oppose these lies, so often used in the promotion of religion. It. shows only 3,000 views, but it's there anyway & all I can do is to do what I do and hope that some day it has some little effect. I am still opposing the malign effects of religion and will continue to do so, with or without their support.

"Jesus Listen's to Little Children " - Jesus Camp founder Becky Fischer