Atheist Feminists Message Board The London Feminism Meetup Group Discussion Forum › URGENT - Time to mug up on the issue of Secular Education.

URGENT - Time to mug up on the issue of Secular Education. Religious teaching is not 'education'.

Sue M
sue.mayer
Group Organizer
London, GB
I have spent time and energy over the last 30+ years trying to pursuade British people politicians and education professionals, inclduding atheists, secularists and humanists - through publishing, the media websites and youTube of the wisdom of atheism,secularismand humanism - the  necessity of secular education as the very basis for democracy. Imagine then to hear the media relating the effects of Muslim and other catch up with the Christian churches who persistently refuse to integrate their schools.

Even during the Irish 'troubles' there was never any campaigning for integration of schools and their political affilliations.

I have warned constantly of the brooding threat of other religions using the Christian churches privileges to indoctrinate children on the pretext of  'culture' and tradition.

If the Christian churches really cared for democracy, human rights and the health and welfare of children and adults - as it constantly claims, it would long ago have integrated their schools and abadonned their historic privilege to abuse the rights and trust of children in education.

AS AN ATHEIST I SUPPORT RELIGIOUS EDUCATION, BUT NOT RELIGIOUS TEACHING IN RELIGIOUS SCHOOLS - that is an anathema to anyone who values education.

EDUCATION MUST BE HONEST AND OBJECTIVE - AND RELIGIOUIS TEACHING MUST BE FROM ALL PERSPECTIVES INCLUDING INCLUDING THE MALIGN EFFECTS - HISTORIC AND CURRENT
BIASED -DISHONEST AND UNOBJECTIVE TEACHING IS NOT

LINKS:

Campaign for Secular Education - the issues in black and white:
www.c.s.e.freeuk.com­

On The Role Religion in Eduation:
www.c.s.e.freeuk.com/AtheistPerspectives.htm­

www.workshop3.freeuk.com/ASecularHumanistPoliticalAgenda.htm­
As an essential element for democracy in a progressive political agenda:

Religion not atheism fuelled two world wars as well as the preceding centuries of cruelty, conflict and conquest.
www.workshop3.freeuk.com/HitlerStalin.htm­

On Religion & Tyranny:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8fbAbr­BwtA

Sue Mayer
London Atheist Meetup Group
A former member
Post #: 152
For some reason or other I had a problem with that link, but I found the video and have shared it on my facebook and twitter accounts.