London, GBPost #: 1
What kind of meetups do we want?
Here is what we discussed on 1st Nov...Topics:
- Database migrations (scripted)
- Continuous Delivery outside the Dev bubble
- Moving testing/QA to earlier in the cycle
- Interaction between Business and Dev
- Culture (and changing it)
- Tooling for better communications (Yammer, hipchat, irc, radiators, etc.)
- "The Team" - service teams, what the team looks like, organisation of teams, etc.
- Birds of a Feather sessions
- Ignite talks (to help keep the "formal" bit short, but also to give some focus to meetups)
- Pose a question before a meetup, so everyone comes prepared with some answers (or questions) relating to the question posed
- TW - Holborn
- Forward - Camden
- thetrainline.com - Farringdon
- 7digital - Shoreditch
- AKQA (?) - Farringdon
- BCS - Covent Garden
- SkillsMatter - Old Street
- Mozilla - ? Old Street
I personally think that a few rounds of ignite talks might be a good way to get things moving.
Edited by Matthew Skelton on Nov 10, 2012 1:35 PM