add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Ember London Message Board › November talk proposal

November talk proposal

Stephen B.
user 28527382
London, GB
Post #: 1

I'd like to show everyone the new Ember app I've been working on for

Tastebuds is a dating / social site that matches people on their music tastes.

The app is a radio page which showcases people chosen songs, most users pick a featured song for their profile, it's a nice way to look through your music matches and engage with other users.

There is a public version of the page which is made up of random users, changing daily and is the same list for everyone in within the same country.

Would be great if you signed up and had a look at your personalised radio otherwise the public version can be viewed here­

The talk I'm proposing would be a tour through the code from this app, how we built it, the good bits, the hacky bits etc.

Feeback appreciated.

Thanks, Bestie.
A former member
Post #: 12
Hello there. This looks very good, I am very interested in the "UI/UX user experience" side of things. I've noticed that Ember.js handles the "live interactivity" or immediacy of content in a website, but what I'm wondering is whether you can create the UI user experience such as slide menus (most iOS apps have this), things like transitions, etc -- or whether you use another framework for this?