SOLD OUT FOR THIS YEAR!! : )
At a crossroad in the Mediterranean, Sardinia’s turquoise sea and white sandy beaches rival the tropics, it's red wine inebriates you and its gourmet food is highly aphrodisiac.
We will explore the south-west of this gorgeous island, renown for its natural beauty and rich historical heritage, inhabited since the Neolitic age and colonised in turn by Phoenicians, Carthaginensis, Romans, Pisans and Spanish.
Flights: Easyjet from London Stansted to Cagliari, 6.30 am
A nap on the plane and off to enjoy the day to the full - starting with a double espresso at the arrivals!
The return is on Monday morning, 10.50am.
(photo: the limestone caves)
What to expect:
- drive along the dramatic coastline from Pula to Capo Malfatano & beyond (photogenic views)
- have a guided tour of the limestone caves (Is Zuddas)
- explore the archeological town of Nora
- climb the Spanish watchtowers & run across the windswept dunes of Chia
- discover the medieval centre of Cagliari
- trek in the WWF natural reserve (routes from 3 to 21km)
- ... and, of course, test the local food & wines.
(photo: Cagliari's Cathedral)
For the bravest of us, there will be opportunities to dive in the crystal clear waters and do some snorkelling too. In fact, we will be staying in a small coastal town, 20minutes walk away from a beautiful sandy beach. From there we will drive and walk to the various sites (from 30min to 2h drive away).
One day before the flight back, we'll head to Cagliari, dump the luggage and climb to the top of the fortified 'Castello' quarter, to admire the ancient buildings and stunning views, while sipping aperitifs 'al fresco'.
Plenty of walking involved, so at the end of the day you'll be able to tuck in a huge bowl of handmade ice-cream, totally guilt-free.
Transport: we'll drive from town to town in a minivan and walk around in Cagliari.
Cost: €360 (circa £300, depending on exchange rates)
The price includes:
- 5 nights accommodation (sharing a twin room), in a 3 star hotel in Pula centre and in a chic B&B in central Cagliari.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Transfer from the airport to Pula (50min).
- Entrance to the caves of Is Zuddas (guided tour) and to the Nora archeological centre.
- Minivan transport during the first 4 days.
- Maps of Pula and Cagliari.
- Local guide, translation service and whatever else you are able to get out of Tiziana.
- Lunch and dinners (around £10 for a large pizza and a drink)
- Transfer from Cagliari to the airport (around 20min: €4 by local bus, €8 by shuttle)
RSVP Yes only once you have booked the flight, please.
A deposit of £90 will be due before the end of January the remaining balance by the 20th of March.