London Folk Music Meetup Group Message Board › Receiving Emails from Meetup and Meeting up!

Receiving Emails from Meetup and Meeting up!

rouf
user 11339834
London, GB

Hello

Just a couple of quick general points about meetup which may be useful...

Receiving Emails

There is a way to control the level of emails being received from any/all meetup groups that you’re a member of..... Goto your meetup home page and look in the top right hand corner of the screen to where it says ‘Account’ -  if you hover your curser over ‘Account’ for a moment a drop-down list will appear – from this list choose ‘email settings’. Once you’re on the ‘email settings’ page it should be fairly straight forward.

The great thing is that you do not have to turn off all emails which will mean you may miss out on a lovely meetup!

There is a fine level of control available, it’s possible to turn off most emails that you feel you don’t need and this can be tailored to each specific meetup group.  For  instance: I leave emails on, so that i’m notified about a new meetup but i turn most other’s off including the subsequent reminders for each meetup. I also leave emails on for comments for certain meetup groups but turn them off for others etc, etc

Meeting Up at Folk Meetups

I will usually send an email (!) out either the day before or on the morning of the meetup giving a few details about how we actually get together, details of venue if required and my phone number. If possible i let venue/door staff know where i’m sitting.

Hope this helps

Rouf J