align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

London Futurists Message Board Books/Media For Futurists › Predictions for 2010 (Not Kurzweil this time)

Predictions for 2010 (Not Kurzweil this time)

Jonathan
Im-not-a-number
London, GB
Post #: 47
Browsing the web, I stumbled across an interesting article from the June 1981 issue of Future Life magazine. The author, F.M. Esfandiary, insists amongst other things, that by 2010 the traditional Left/Right political and social dynamic would be outdated, and the new direction would be Up.

I wonder if this or any of his other forecasts will come good in the next year?

Finally, it turns out that Mr. Esfandiary would later change his name to FM2030 because he was convinced that he would live to see the year 2030 (which would have been his hundredth birthday). However, he died in the year 2000 at the age of 69 and was cryogenically frozen...
A former member
Post #: 347
hmmm,

I think he would have been pretty dissapointed by 2010 by looking at that document.

Dirk B.
user 9941666
London, GB
Post #: 35
Even I was not that optimistic back then.
No doubt that's why he changed his name to FM2030
http://en.wikipedia.o...­

or not...
He seems like the last of the 1950s optimists.