London Historical Fiction Book Group Message Board › Meetup details changed: January Meetup: "Theodora: Actress, Empress, Whore"

Meetup details changed: January Meetup: "Theodora: Actress, Empress, Whore" by Stella Duffy

Justin
user 7750145
Group Organizer
London, GB
APOLOGIES TO ALL. I HAVE HAD TO CHANGE THE DATE OF THIS MEETUP TO DISCUSS "THEODORA". IT IS NOW TAKING PLACE ONE WEEK LATER, ON MONDAY 21 JANUARY, NOT 14 JANUARY AS ORIGINALLY PLANNED.

I'm so sorry - the venue called me this morning to apologise. Someone forgot to phone me before Christmas to let me know that the whole place is closed this coming Monday.

I've tried today to find an alternative venue in the same area for the original time but have not found anything suitable that I am confident enough about, especially as we could be quite a large group. Waterstones offered me the Tuesday, but I thought it best to stick to the same day of the week as I know people have specific plans for different days.

So I've just postponed it one week to Monday 21 January.

I really hope this doesn't inconvenience too many people. And you never know: it might actually be better for some. And you have an extra week to read the book!!

If you need to change your RSVP, I understand and apologise. If you were planning to come and can still do so, perhaps just drop me a quick line so that I know you've received this message. I don't want anyone unwittingly turning up on the 14th.

Thanks and apologies again.

Justin

------------------------------------

I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/London-Historical-Fiction-Book-Group/events/86963602/­

When: Monday, January 21, 2013 7:30 PM

Where: 5th View Bar (Waterstones)
203-206 Piccadilly
London, 17 W1J 9HA
020 7851 2433

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP through clicking on the link above. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup or replying to this email.