Discussing PARTICIPATORY TECHNOLOGY and it's role in bringing about social change - in developing communities and locally. BY THE SEA! :-)
So the line-up is almost complete and it's time to announce our special guest... The renowned academic and 'Mr Participation' himself, Robert Chambers, has kindly agreed to come along and do a 15-min interactive session introducing some of the key issues around participation and power. This should be a fun and interesting way to kick things off. This will be followed by a diverse series of lightning talks, small-group discussions and then plenty of time to continue discussions over drinks.
The full programme is below:
- 17.45 - Drinks and Networking
- 18:15 - Welcome and Introduction
- 18:20 - Robert Chambers, elePhants in the room?
- 18:40 - Lightning Talks
(Speakers from Making All Voices Count, University of Brighton, Anansi Digital, Aptivate, On Our Radar, Every1mobile, STEPS Centre (University of Sussex), VSO and Royal Holloway University)
- 19:30 - Small-group discussions (loosely based on the World Cafe method)
- 20:15 - 'Harvesting' and feedback from discussion groups
- 20:30 - Drink till you... well - until you want to!