Here's a jam with a bit of a difference! We've gotten hold of a dozen or so eye-tracking devices, and what better thing to do with them than to let y'all jam with them?!
Behold the ROLLING EYE jam! And since you probably need some time to get used to the hardware (http://www.tobii.com/en/eye-experience/eyex/) and the quirks of the unreleased device, we'll give you extra time - 6 days to be exact. More time to come up with cool concepts, code and polish! Or enough time to make a smaller game if you've only got the evenings.
Here's how it'll go down:
- YOU'LL NEED TO REGISTER YOUR TEAM AT http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/rolling-eye-tickets-12741463059 -- Only one registration per team needed!
- We've only 15 or so devices, so that'll be the limit of number of teams. If you don't have a team, you can write a message below to formate yourselves! If there's enough interest, we could meet up on Monday at Scenario Bar to form things in person.
- The start is at Scenario, where the kits will be delivered, theme revealed and questions answered.
- During the jam week, you are very welcome to use Scenario's co-working facility, every day from 11am to 6pm. It will be a long and relaxed jam!
- At 3pm on September the 6th, the teams will present their games at Scenario, winners be chosen and rewarded.
- Prizes: At the moment, we have 4 EyeX kits to give away to winners, a tab from Scenario/Loading, and a cake. We are still negotiating with other potential sponsors, there might be special accessibility category and other goodies.
Looking good? Eye though so!
Alice Nevermore (@fluxemburg)
Tobii - development kits, prizes
Scenario (@barScenario) - location, bar tab prize.
London Game Space (@LondonGameSpace) - promotion support, hardware for presentations
Loading Bar (@drinkrelaxplay) - theme cocktails, bar tab prize
Misterious baker - cake