London Indie RPG Meetup Group Message Board › London Indie Weekend

London Indie Weekend

Closed to new replies

James J.
HartJesper
London, GB
Post #: 363

Piers now cant make it, so it willbe just you and me goober.

So text me tomorrow and we can meet up.
James J.
HartJesper
London, GB
Post #: 364
Sounds good, I'll probably drive as I am a hour away which will take longer by train. I finish @ 15:30 so anytime after 17:00 I guess. If you need picking up from the station let me know.

Goober

How about we meet at 17;30 on campus. We can look int he union, and grab soem food at Chancellors and a beer.

And I willmeet my friends around 19/19:30.

James J.
HartJesper
London, GB
Post #: 367
Sounds good, I'll probably drive as I am a hour away which will take longer by train. I finish @ 15:30 so anytime after 17:00 I guess. If you need picking up from the station let me know.

Goober

Hi mate,

Just wondering if it would be a waste of time for you.

i will be there if you wanna come and sample the beer etc, but will be meeting Uni friends afterwards.

Just dont want you travelling an hour there and back, for dinner and a drink. and a quick glance at the venue; Unless you're super excited.

i'm probably looking to get there for 6pm an meet my friends at 7:30pm. As it will take 10 - 20 mins to check Rubix, and take some pics for Peirs and others. and 60 minutes for dinner.

If your not coming, let me know I will go a little later.

james
James J.
HartJesper
London, GB
Post #: 368

I went slightly later and got their at 6:45 to pop in, but my friend had locked up early Grrrr!

But I'm going to assume we will need to hire desks and chairs, to have a suitable lay out, when I go to put a deposit down in February, I will take a look at the venue then.

But some questions for piers and their answers.

How Much Will it Cost? £100 per day

Chairs and tables?

Minimal, and spread out across venue, my suggestion, is if we charge the £12 for weekend we can afford to hire tables and chairs from a company. if needed.

At the moment the furniture there is heavy sofa like chairs and tables spread across the venue (which quite good as gives masses of room between tables for loud roleplaying, but also spreads everyone around which is slightly bad).

accommodation Booking?

have been told that it is very popular and that I should book soon.I am going to try and book one/two floor of accommodation for us, that should be around 16 rooms, at £30/40 each. I will book, and get people to pay for rooms through me. For each floor we book, we get a kitchen area, with a large table for roleplaying over night/in the evening.

There are travel lodges nearby and hotels in the town, but wont get a communal kitchen area with them.

Food?

We can get food from the bar upstairs and order to take away, and eat in the rented hall, but we cannot take drinks downstairs due to licensing, but their are shops on campus etc. basically we can eat what we want, and their are food venues around.

Open close time to be confirmed but will probably work around the opening and close time of the attached Pub.

Graham W.
user 12167419
London, GB
Post #: 6
This sounds good to me.

I'm a University of Surrey student too, so yes, the Chancellor's food is fine and the union building is a good venue.
The M.
The_Magus
Colchester, GB
Post #: 51
DO NOT BOOK ANYTHING!!!

There are some problems with this:
1. Table and Chair Hire - You're making assumptions about how many tables and chairs we will need. Goober's estimate is out. At London Indie RPG in the second slot we had roughly 4 people per table. That will translate as 12 tables. Plus we might invite people to sell merch.

James £21 divided by 4 players is £5.25 - and you good at maths! Is that a daily rate? And what is delivery - don't assume it's free as 50 chairs is not a lot, considering that there will be lots of marriages in August. Also you risk taking a huge hit if you book accommodation. Mick Red has been caught out like this a few times. In my experience people pay at the last minute.

You say that the venue will open at the same time as the pub. In my experience universities are dead over the summer. I'm worried that 50 people will be milling about outside a venue waiting for some flaky caretaker to show up, or the venue opens at 12pm, not say 10am.

Stuff like this needs to be in writing from the venue. If you go ahead and book I'd rather you not use the London Indie RPG name or logo at present. Please contact me by e-mail to discuss further. I'd rather you not post this here and I'm closing the thread.