London Indie RPG Meetup Group Message Board › London Gaming

London Gaming

A former member
Post #: 10
Hi

A few folks were asking about what other gaming London has to offer.

I'm not a Londoner, so I really only know of this very Indie RPG group, and the Phoenix Games Club. Here are the details for the Phoenix Games Club, lifted straight from another site.

Here are the details for the Phoenix games club in Plaistow, East London: -

The Phoenix Games Club
Location: - Black Lion pub Plaistow E13, 5 mins walk from tube
When: - every thurs from 8pm
Games: -varied and mixed inc board and CCG games

Cheers Dan Hellsing, RPG and social sec The Phoenix Games Club

More generally, UK Role Players is a general forum for getting in contact with gamers in the UK, and for finding out info about the many gaming conventions throughout the UK.

Lastly, DragonMeet is a one-day gaming convention in Kensington (London) that is happening next Saturday. Plenty of stuff to buy, and you can play stacks of games too.

If anyone else can share more information about London (and UK) gaming, fire on in.

Cheers
Pete
A former member
Post #: 6
I can add a couple more things that are happening in London.

Gameforce London meets one Sunday afternoon a month in Westminster. Sign up to their Yahoo group to get updates.

Shadow Warriors is a club that meets weekly in Northfields.

Finally, the Dark Sphere games store runs official WotC RPG events, including D&D Encounters every Wednesday evening.

Cheers,

John
Francis
user 9481145
London, GB
Post #: 142
There's the D&D meetup every weekend of course. And I really wouldn't recommend D&D Encounters to Indy RPers. I like 4e D&D, but Encounters is quite intentionally a lowest common denominator combat crawl in which most stereotypes of D&D are true. (It's doing its job, which is a minimal investment set of sessions to give people a taster and make things very easy for a DM to just drop in. But good for roleplaying it ain't.)
Dag Sverre S.
insanodag
Hatfield, GB
Post #: 1
Another good club is the Dragons on the Hill. I haven't really been there since my move into the suburbs, but they are a nice and friendly bunch, with a variety of games on offer.