London Indie RPG Meetup Group Message Board › London Indie RPG Meetup 15th January 2011

London Indie RPG Meetup 15th January 2011

The M.
The_Magus
Colchester, GB
A Happy New Year to one and all (no offence to other religions)

Just a bit of info about the next meet up. This post on Story Games talks about an RPG book club (much like Richard and Judy). The two games that are proposed are Metropole Luxury Coffin and Annalise.  I'm happy to run Annalise having learned after my mistakes last time.  However, if no-one wants to play these games I'm sure other stuff is being brought.

Another thing to mention is that if people arrive late for the GM touting we cannot guarantee you will get to play in that slot.  I will bring a couple of other games (Dominion etc.) for late arrivers or if people are happy you can NPC or listen in.

Please see the Who wants to do what thread on the discussion board.

See you then

Piers
A former member
Post #: 12
Yo

If the RPG book club is like Richard and Judy, and I'm Richard - and that is my name - then I guess you must be Judy. You're a ringer, I'm surprised no one has commented on the resemblance before.

Annalise me up since I haven't played that one before. Based on reading some AP reports I'm not sure that it's my cup of tea, but I won't know for sure until I give it a good try.

Cheers
Pete
The M.
The_Magus
Colchester, GB
Post #: 27
Yo

If the RPG book club is like Richard and Judy, and I'm Richard - and that is my name - then I guess you must be Judy. You're a ringer, I'm surprised no one has commented on the resemblance before.

If that's the case I suppose you'll be announcing to everyone gathered that I struggle to control my alcohol intake and have self-esteem issues. Just hope that bra incident thing doesn't happen again.

Annalise me up since I haven't played that one before. Based on reading some AP reports I'm not sure that it's my cup of tea, but I won't know for sure until I give it a good try.

It's very story game - best done in third person

Luke B.
VigorousApe
London, GB
Post #: 1
Hello there, complete newcomer to the group here.

I was just wondering, do you mind newcomers running games at all? I am up for playing anything, but I have A Dirty World here (film-noir drama), and am very eager to run it. So if that's ok can I just post in the other thread to find interest, or do you prefer people to come along as players first?

Cheers
The M.
The_Magus
Colchester, GB
Post #: 29
Hello there, complete newcomer to the group here.

I was just wondering, do you mind newcomers running games at all? I am up for playing anything, but I have A Dirty World here (film-noir drama), and am very eager to run it. So if that's ok can I just post in the other thread to find interest, or do you prefer people to come along as players first?

Cheers

Hey Luke - welcome

Well, I define myself as a newcomer and I run games. It's fine, if you're happy to do it and I wouldn't mind giving A Dirty World a go. I think we are going to be spoilt for choice this month.

Look forward to meeting you soon.
Piers
purpledragonwitch
user 4390464
London, GB
Post #: 2
I like the look of Metropole Luxury Coffin, how long does it take to play?
A former member
Post #: 14
Hi Rae

The text of MLC doesn't say how long a game typically lasts, but based on my own reading of the text I'd reckon between 2-3 hours. It feels like it'd play Fiasco-style fast if you kept your foot down.

Cheers
Pete
Graham W.
user 12167419
London, GB
Post #: 2
I'd really like to play Metropole Luxury Coffin.
The M.
The_Magus
Colchester, GB
Post #: 33
Folks

I've just had some totally annoying news. St Christopher's Inn have bumped my booking and we can't use the room on the 15th. The room is free on Sunday 16th, Saturday 22nd or Saturday 29th. Another alternative is the Royal Oak but their room is very small and I get the sense that the turnout is going to be larger.

If anyone knows of a pub that could accomodate us on the 15th for a small or non-existent charge please contact me. Otherwise what alternate dates would be good?

Piers
Ashley G.
user 13530809
Botley, GB
Post #: 1
Well thats a bit annoying. I would be ok with 16th or 22nd. 29th is Conception weekend so you might be short of takers.