addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

London Indie RPG Meetup Group Message Board › Game Offers For Sat November 12th

Game Offers For Sat November 12th

A former member
Post #: 24
Hi sisters,

If you are thinking of offering a game at the November 12th meet, post the title of the game here so that I can update the landing page.

You don't have to write a blurb or anything: I'd just like the landing page to reflect a possible smattering of the games that might be offered, in order to give folks that might be attending for the first time a brief taster of the games that might be played. Replying to this post does not constitute a firm offer to run the game.

Also, I'd like to play Polaris­ if anyone was offering that.

Cheers
Pete
James J.
HartJesper
London, GB
Post #: 251

Inspectres (Ghost Busters)

Classroom Deathmatch (Battle Royale)
The M.
The_Magus
Ipswich, GB
Post #: 44
I'd like to play Polaris if anyone was offering that.

Cheers
Pete

I can hook you up at Indiecon possibly but had planned to do a Durance playtest.
A former member
Post #: 25
I have a solution that makes everyone super fun happy: run both!

Mick will think you are weak if you don;t run at least 6 slots at your first IndieCon :D
John
J0hn
Teddington, GB
Post #: 2
AAAAhhem,

bit selfish but anyone intersted in running a Crane Game just to prove the "snobs" in NYC that we can do it just as well here?
A former member
Post #: 26
John,

When you are ready for the double-slot, 8 hour Burning Empires sprint at the 'meet, just holler and I'll be there. I'll bring the book, the awesome, and the spade I'll bury you with if you go up against my Forged Lord. Word.

laughing

More generally, while I have a deep love for the Burning* games, I also have a deep un-desire to explain the rules of the Burning* games. I want to play 'em, not teach 'em; that hefty stumbling block is the reason I personally don't offer Burning* games at the 'meet. (I grok that one way to play Burning* games with folk who know the rules is to take the hit and run a few teach'n'play sessions first, but I burned myself out doing just that with Mouse Guard.)

Still, if we can gather a posse of folk who have grasped the Hub - the basic rules for Burning Wheel Gold are freely available to download here -, then let's unleash some Crane games, sure thing.

You might also have more luck with folks who are quite happy to 'learn as you go': ask around in person at the next 'meet since not everyone who comes to the 'meet reads these boards. A bunch of the folks who are based in London also have weekly games going, which might suit the longer-term focus of the Burning* games a tad better than the one shots offered by the monthly 'meet.

Cheers
Hopefully Hopeful Pete, Broken On The Wheel
John
J0hn
Teddington, GB
Post #: 3
Thanks Pete,

I will take MG New Rules New Missions on a train journey with me tomorrow and see if it gives me enough inspiration to run that (I have not run anything in a loooooong time mind you), will let you guys know
Cameron E.
user 14554224
London, GB
Post #: 1
Howdy everyone,

I'm considering offering to run a compressed one-shot of The Mountain Witch. I've run it as a one-shot a couple of times before, and I think I could distill it into a 4 hour session ...

Pete, I actually have Polaris, but have never gotten a chance to play it (I've always been curious to see how it would work in play) - I could maybe bring that along too?

Cheers,
Cameron