London Indie RPG Meetup Group Message Board › An improvised show I am in - Thursday 28th Feb

An improvised show I am in - Thursday 28th Feb

Luke B.
VigorousApe
London, GB
Post #: 5
Hello,

I thought some people might be interested in a show I am doing that’s coming up. It is improvised storytelling, I and my colleague take a starting point from the audience then create an entire narrative on the spot. Just the two of us create a world and characters and then see what happens to them. We would really appreciate people coming down to support us as we are in a proper theatre for the first time.

It’s coming up Thursday 28th of Feb. Full details are here at http://www.improfestu...­. Also ticket booking is on there.

I know we have other improvisers and interested people in the group so check out the site and see what else is on. Its part of a whole week of improv starting next Monday so it’s a good way to get a taste of all the shows going on.

I can also recommend the Sprout workshops if anyone is interested in taking classes. I did my first improv workshop with Sprout and it was a great learning experience. The teacher Dave was really great at setting a comfortable environment to have fun without a lot of nerves. I met Pete in another Sprout class too! They are the ones organising the whole thing and they have details of classes on that site too.

If you think you might like improv but are too nervous then I really recommend Sprout, the best place to start I reckon. I have been doing improv for 5 years and its totally changed my life. Along with RP its the way I keep my creative mind alive. I'm sure the other improvisers in the group can chime in with how good it is!

Cheers

Luke