London Indie RPG Meetup Group Message Board › Any volunteers to facilitate games?

Any volunteers to facilitate games?

The M.
The_Magus
Colchester, GB
Post #: 7
Hi

I quite fancy having a stab at running Annalise but if there are things that others would like to facilitate or play then post away

Piers
A former member
Post #: 1
Yo

I've not played Annalise, so I'd be up for that.

I can also offer to run any of the following:

I can offer to facilitate any of the following:

I'd also love to just plain be a player in some games, but I'll go create another discussion for that.

Cheers
Pete
The M.
The_Magus
Colchester, GB
Post #: 8
Hey Pete

It'd be good if you could run something but do come to play also.

Run one, play one? Perhaps this should be the group's motto.
A former member
Post #: 2
"Run one, play one" sounds like a quality motto, nice one :)

I'll toss the games I mentioned into my bag then, and we can decide on the day what everyone is in the mood for. I'll quite happily play both slots if nobody is in the mood for any of the games I mentioned, it's all good.

Cheers
Pete
Stuart C.
user 12979501
Hong Kong, HK
I'm more than willing to run/facilitate:

Lady Blackbird

Blowback (though it's not tremendously con/one-shot friendly)

Misery Bubblegum

My Life With Master

Lacuna

I am more than willing to play too and fully endorse - Run one, play one
A former member
Post #: 3
Misery Bubblegum! smile ::heart+zomg:: I'm sososo down for some sweet teen romance. Good on you for offering it. I'd play that in a flash if enough other folk were interested in getting their romance on.

Lacuna also _ my boat. I've been keen _ play it for what _ ages. The others also sound good, but MB and _ are my first picks out of what you've offered.

Cheers
Pete
D-503
user 12993417
London, GB
I could facilitate Fiasco or Remember Tomorrow. If the latter I'd request that we set it somewhere, rather than Somewhere (my only criticism of the game from a readthrough, generic isn't as cool as actual).

I've never played either, but I won't be the only one in that boat.

Alternatively, I could run In a Wicked Age, which I've also never played...

I'd love to play Fiasco if someone else is facilitating it, also Lacuna and definitely up for Agon.

I think run one play one is a good principle, but I would note that practically most folk won't run anything because there won't be enough slots and players for everyone to run/facilitate a game. That's not an objection, just something to be aware of. I'll gen up on anything I might be running/facilitating, but if I end up just playing that's of course totally cool.
The M.
The_Magus
Colchester, GB
Post #: 12
Can I just thank everyone who is stepping up for this - it sounds like we will have a dearth of choice.

I'm keen to encourage an environment where first time GMing/facilitating is encouraged - I've read a few posts on other RPG sites that bemoan 'poor quality' GMing. I'd like an environment where people get positive feedback about their early efforts to GM and where who are more experienced with a game can offer helpful advice to the less experienced. It doesn't help that many of the rulebooks of ALL RPGs, indie or mainstream can be incredibly vague when translating rules into RP experience.

Please come along, run something and make mistakes. Learn from those mistakes and make some different ones.

Piers
A former member
Post #: 2
I'm a 'returnee' to rpg after many years. I'm very keen to experience the new developments in RPGs - particularly Fiasco, BW (Mouse Guard) and HeroQuest (I used to play RQIII and WFRP many moons ago) .

In all honesty I'd feel far too rusty to try to run something and anyway, like I say, my experience of gaming has been the old stalwarts rather than indie gaming.

Anyhow, thanks for putting this whole thing together.
A former member
Post #: 3
Would any of these games be suitable for a complete beginner to tabletop RPGs? And would GMs/facilitators be happy with a complete beginner in the group? I know someone who is interested in trying RPGs who would come along to this with me, just not sure whether it would be appropriate to bring them to this event.