London Indie RPG Meetup Group Message Board › Possible plan for 23rd October

Possible plan for 23rd October

The Magus
The_Magus
Colchester, GB
Post #: 10
Hi

I've finalised the meet-up. We'll be in the Lounge Bar (it's more like a cellar). From 12:00 onwards - I propose first session runs at 12:30 - 4:30 then the second from 5:30 to 9:30. I am aware that these sessions clash little with mealtimes. are people all right with that.

Also the landlord said the pub can get busier in the evenings although we shouldn't be disturbed.

Any suggestion welcome regarding the organisation.

Piers
w00hoo
user 7263534
London, GB
Post #: 2
Knowing the way Indie games can fluctuate in length I'd be tempted to point out that 'slots' start at 12:30 and 5:30 so try and finish whatever is happening in the first slot by 5:00, bearing in mind that you could be happily in to your second or third game by that point.

Is it a fair assumption that the pub does food?
The Magus
The_Magus
Colchester, GB
Post #: 11
The pub does food - first slot people might want to consider whether to have a bite as part of the game. I appreciate games might overrun but also think it will be useful to have a cut-off. 5:00 sounds sensible.
A former member
Post #: 1
I might only be able to make the first slot. Will have to check with SO.

John
The Magus
The_Magus
Colchester, GB
Post #: 13
I might only be able to make the first slot. Will have to check with SO.

John

No worries mate - I think a couple of other people might be in this boat also but I'm pretty sure we can run two sessions
A former member
Post #: 1
Should be able to make both sessions. Is there any news as to what games might be being played (I'd like to play a bit of Fiasco if it's on offer...)?
A former member
Post #: 4
Hi Mark

Is there any news as to what games might be being played (I'd like to play a bit of Fiasco if it's on offer...)?

I'll have Fiasco in my bag, along with a few of the playsets - Manna Hotel, The Ice, Suburbia, Transatlantic - printed out, so you're sorted Fiasco-wise.

Do you have a preference for a playset? Let me know if you do, and I'll add it to the batch of ones that I bring along.

Cheers
Pete
The Magus
The_Magus
Colchester, GB
Post #: 14
Hi all

John suggested I do a poll to determine what people want to play. I think I'll do 4 polls as the system on here is not very sophisticated.

Everyone will have four choices and the top choices will run in the four slots (two for the first session and two for the second). We might need more slots as two friends of mine have independently 'maybe'd me and there seem to be one or two other on other forums that may pitch up.

I'll have this done shortly.

Cheers
Piers
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi Rick,

Like I say, I'm knew to Fiasco so playing it is going to be a completely new experience. Maybe a contemporary setting would be easier to assimilate but I'm happy to play any of the playsets.

Best, Mark
D-503
user 12993417
London, GB
Post #: 2
Transatlantic doesn't appeal to me, the others do though.

My personal favourite is New York 1913, but then I'm a sucker for that period generally.

I suspect those which move me least are the rock star one and the London gangster one. Not a comment on either's quality (both are excellent), just not my genres.