Are you passionate about mindfulness? Want to be able to teach mindfulness one-to-one or in small group effectively? Are you a therapist, coach or health professional? Want to learn a high-quality course in the comfort of your home, rather than wasting time and money on travel and accommodation? If so, this could be the training for you!
HALF THE PLACES for this course HAVE ALREADY GONE!
We offer one of the only interactive, distance-learning mindfulness teacher training programmes in the world. The course is taught by the author of several successful books on mindfulness, Shamash Alidina. Places are limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis, and the course starts in mid January 2013. Give us a call or email if you’re interested in finding out more, after reading this document. If interested, you can secure a place with a deposit today. Thank you for your interest in training with us.
Your Previous Mindfulness Experience
You need to have ideally done the following:
- Completed an eight-week mindfulness course or equivalent.
- Have at least one year of experience practising mindfulness.
- Have a regular mindfulness meditation personal practice
- Be experienced in the area that you wish to teach. For example, if you want to teach mindfulness for anxiety, you need to have experience working with people that suffer from anxiety, etc. The exception to this is if you wish to teach mindfulness to the general public.
- Have attended a 1 week silent mindfulness or insight meditation type retreat, or a few 2-3 day silent mindfulness type retreats
- Completed some of the background reading
- Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy for Depression by Williams, Segal, Teasdale
- Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy by R. Crane
- Full Catastrophe Living by J. Kabat-Zinn
- Mindfulness by M. Williams and D. Penman
- The Mindful Way through Depression by M. Williams et. al.
- Mindfulness for Dummies by S. Alidina
- Teaching Mindfulness by McCown, Reibel and Micozzi
Dates of Sessions
All 7-9pm GMT
14th January 2013
21st January 2013
28th January 2013
4 February 2013
11 February 2013
18 February 2013
25 February 2013
4 March 2013
11 March 2013
18 March 2013
Length of sessions
10 sessions in total, once a week, every Monday evening at 7pm-9pm (GMT), starting in mid-January 2013. Course finishes March 2013.
Each session is a small online group, and you can see and hear Shamash as he gives his presentation. This lasts for 2 hours each time and is interactive and live.
You are assigned to work with one or two other students over to phone, to practice guiding mindfulness meditations on each other following the online session to improve your own teaching skills.
We use an easy to use website called gotomeeting.com If you have a PC or Mac computer with good internet connection, speaker and microphone, that’s perfect – it’ll work fine. Or, you can even just use the phone if you don’t like technology and want to keep it simple. In this case you can’t see the online presentation though.
All the sessions are recorded so you can listen back to them later on too, at your leisure.
You will be able to see the presentations and listen to Shamash as he teaches you the programme. The sessions are interactive so you can type in questions and we go along.
Over the period of the course (the first week is an orientation session), you are asked to practise the recommended mindfulness meditations and exercises daily.
Each week you will also be asked to re-read a particular chapter from one of the reading books, which we would discuss and explore together in the session.
You are asked to write a reflective journal of your experience of your own meditation, and reflections following each session of training that we have together. A summary of this is to be handed in at the end of the training, and a certificate is issued once we have received and checked through it. There is no marks or grade given for this, nor is there a formal mark scheme – it is to check that you have understood the key principles of mindfulness as it is described in the required readings. You can use this as an opportunity to create a booklet as your own teaching guide for the 8 week programme. If you have misunderstood the key ideas, you are given written feedback and another opportunity to write the journal summary. If you follow the advice, you should be fine. Maximum length – 3000 words.
A typical session includes theory, opportunity to listen to a meditation being guided, and training on how to teach this particular session to a group and some discussion over the key theme of the session. You are expected to do some preparation for each session and can ask questions as we go along. There will be a Q and A session at the end of each session.
A certificate will be issued at the end of training successfully. The certificate will state ” XXXX has successfully completed XXX hours Intensive Mindfulness Teacher Training with Shamash Alidina MEng MA” if we are happy with your teaching standard and you complete the written work.
This certificate can be used as your Continuing Professional Development (30 hours training including paired work, or more if personal mindfulness practice is included)
What’s unique about us
- Full money-back guarantee if you decide you don’t like it after the orientation session – no questions asked!
- The training is spaced over 10 weeks instead of being crammed into a few days – just like a real mindfulness course.
- All sessions are recorded so you can listen back to them at any time
- The training is delivered by a bestselling author of mindfulness
Either book online or contact us for a FREE non-obligation, 20 minute phone or skype call. We can discuss if this is the right course for you, and what you need to do to prepare yourself for the training.
Total fee is £750 inclusive for the full training.
The non-refundable deposit to secure your place for the training is £150
Then £300 due by the end of November 2012.
Final £300 due before course starts on 14th January 2013.
Prices may be subject to change so book soon to avoid disappointment.
To book your place, go to http://learnmindfulness.co.uk/Events/mindfulness-teacher-training/