December 19, 2013 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
We're resuming our SICP study in January starting from Ch2. But for those who are just joining us now, or who need a refresher, we're running 2 sessions on Ch1 before the Christmas holidays.
Coding Dojo on Section 1.3
This week we're working through the third section of the first chapter: Section 1.3: Higher Order Procedures
Please read through it before coming. You may also wish to watch the Video Lecture for this section.
Topics we're looking at:
* Passing procedures/functions as arguments
* Defining functions with lambda expressions
* Using lambda to create local variables (the let case)
* Describing general/abstract computations (exempli gratia accumulators)
* Functions that return functions.
Please remember to bring a laptop with racket (http://racket-lang.org/) installed.