April 12 · 1:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write down a paragraph summarizing your position/opinion on the following 2 companies:
• UCG (United Carpets Group): Have a look at its competitors as well. First thoughts: it might be a growth stock, since it has such a small market cap. It might be a good starting point to research the industry. The corporate info page includes a (hilarious?) boiler-room warning message. But the P/B and P/E are good according to the filter that returned it. Last Yearly Report.
• JBL (Jabil Circuit): Wikipedia, Google Finance, SeekingAlpha, an interesting analysis
At the meeting we will share/compare our notes on these companies.
Link of the week (for inspiration): a nuanced value investing perspective.
Follow-up from the previous meeting:
• The screener we used for the equities from last time can be found here: http://markets.ft.com/screener/predefinedScreens.asp ("A Warren Buffett screen" > "View Screener Criteria"). It picked up companies holding relatively much cash, but for the majority of them the cash came from recent borrowings. For this reason, in future meetups we may consider only some of the ones from that list.
• I created an FAQ page which includes links to brokers.
• TODO: Create a watch-list and add the more interesting equities we've encountered.
Time and location
Costa Coffee, Borough High Street, London, Saturday 13:00, probably somewhere towards the back. There will be a meetup sign on the table. My phone number is 0793 8458 300