addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

WordPress London Message Board › How do I make vimeo video stop playing when starting another on same page in

How do I make vimeo video stop playing when starting another on same page in wordpress site with Ajax

A former member
Post #: 9
Hi

I wonder if anyone who has some expertise with Ajax / froogaloop etc might be able to help me with a template issue.

I have a wordpress website and in it I have a portfolio page with each portfolio containing embedded vimeo videos, using Ajax. The problem is that when you click on a portfolio and play a video, if you then select another video straight after, from another portfolio, and play it, the previous video continues playing, so that there are two or more videos playing at once. It's like the video's still there playing underneath, hidden out of view, so you can hear it, you just can't see it:

Weird thing is that when viewed on an ipad, and you close down a video and open another one you don't get this issue.

I think the solution may lie somewhere in the use of 'froogaloop' from what I've been reading, but as I am very new to coding it's quite challenging for me and I don't really understand it. Is there anyone who can kindly let me know what I need to do to prevent this from happening.

I know you need to add the api=1 into the iframe, but I don't get about the unique ID names, or where in fact you even add the froogaloop coding - is it in the player js?

Many thanks in advance.

Rob