Matteo Galizzi, and Leigh Caldwell (co-founder of this meetup) run the LSE behavioural economics seminars that run term-time in late afternoons. Together, we've (Matteo, Leigh, Elina, Oli) organised to synchronise the Boozeonomic evening drinks three times a year with LSE's 'semester opener' event. The idea is that LSE have a big name speaker at their campus late afternoon, who comes (with the audience, no guarantees though) to our drinks as normal in early evening from about 6:30/7pm, *and* we can all go to the LSE 'semester opener' at 5:15pm because it's a public event.
So we have a special academic-practitioner mixer evening, in effect; perfect!
Two things: (alright, five things)
1. The semester opening is on November 12, so Boozeonomics will be too. (Details: http://www.lse.ac.uk/publicEvents/events/2013/11/20131112t1715vSZT.aspx, from 5.15pm to 6.15pm)
2. They have George Loewenstein. (Oh, Em, Gee!)
3. We'll all go to the usual Boozeonomics from the London Behavioural Economics Network at the George IV pub in the LSE campus afterwards http://goo.gl/maps/EkTj3
4. There'll be no Ten Min Talks for these semester openers
5. Also, you can join group members over on LinkedIn for professional connections http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home&gid=6543629&trk=anet_ug_hm
So regulars and n00bs alike, come to our welcoming informal after-work gathering for communications, marketing, and research specialists working with cognitive-behavioural theories (behavioural economics, decision theory, psychology, neuromarketing, etc) in business or government who're in, or are visiting, London (UK).
Feel free to drop by for a bit, or stay for a while. And do tell buddies you think may enjoy it.