Our next event will be themed around the cutting edge for at home 3D printing and what the next step could be in this area.
This event looks at the final frontier of digital manufacturing which is home manufacturing. We will be asking the poignant question will anyone be able to have their own miniature factory in their home tomorrow? Will you be able to print of plates for the extra dinner guest, or the annoying spare widget for your washing machine that would take the repair man months to source or is such technology beyond even tomorrow?
The event will be very hands on with a mixture of talks and demonstrations. There will also be plenty of food, drinks and networking!
Guest Speakers and Workshops:
• Replicator Warehouse will be talking about their work and giving live demonstrations!
• Hugh Halford-Thompson Founder of 3distributed will be giving a talk.
• Glen Searle From Genesis Machines Ltd will be talking and hosting a CAD introduction workshop running throughout the event!
6:30 Meet and Greet
7:05pm Hugh’s Talk
7:20pm Replicator Warehouse Talk
7:35pm An introduction to designing objects for 3D printing By Glen Searle
7:45pm – 9pm
• Workshop: ‘How to use CAD software’ from Glen
• 3D Scanning Demos from ThingMaker
• Drinks and Networking
9pm – 10pm
More Drinks and Networking!
We hope to see you all there!