Announcing a new Meetup for London HTML5 User Group!
What: HTML5 and CSS3 101
When: Wednesday, August 18,[masked]:30 PM
The Skills Matter eXchange
[masked] Goswell Road
The team at London HTML5 User Group welcome you to attend our next meeting. We've been listening and taking feedback from the previous sessions and are bringing you an awesome and very interesting topic, presented by the expert in the industry himself...
Like a summery Pimms No 1, Bruce combines the spicy gin of live coding with the lemonade of demos and the cucumber of ranting to quickly give you an overview of HTML5 markup and CSS 3 (no, they're not the same thing
- HTML5 101: what new markup does it bring?
- styling HTML5 with CSS even in *that* browser
- Where CSS can't help us much with HTML5
- When can I use HTML5 (and why it's like CSS 3 in that respect).
- Should I use HTML5?
- Sexy new CSS: transitions, transforms etc, borders, backgrounds, boxes
- device independent design: adaptive content with Media Queries
- Make like a Pro, not like a wannabe: how to write robust, future-proof, CSS
Bruce evangelises open web technologies for Opera and is author of the first full-length book on HTML5, Introducing HTML5
. On twitter he's @brucel
Once again the meeting will be hosted by our wonderful friends at Skills Matter. Please RSVP via the Skills Matter website (will insert link here soon) so that we ensure we cater for the right number of people and get you a name badge ready for when you arrive.
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/LondonHTML5UG/calendar/14027884/