2F-G, 5-25 Scrutton Street, London
Github is probably the worlds most popular developer resource for sharing code collaboratively. However, many developers haven't had the opportunity to get going with Git yet.
So this workshop aims to get you started and give you some practice with git. If you have not worked with git much, this is a great warm up to the Git deep dive event later this month.
This workshop is focused on the basics of using git as a developer and will not be diving under the covers of git, or covering any implementation details.
6pm - find the 10Gen office on 2nd floor
6.30pm - workshop starts
By the end of this workshop you will have:
* git command line / graphical tool set up on your laptop
* understanding staging, committing and pushing changes
* working with git status and git log to manage changes
* experience using github for new repos as well as forking & cloning
* managing multiple repositories easily with git log
* working with pull request
* using github organisations
There probably wont be time to include other topics such as branching & merging (except with respect to pull requests), rebasing, or the hundreds of other features available in git.