- At least one university I know are keen to help foster more links between students and companies, as part of their final year projects
- At RecWorks we believe in talent development and see this as a way for students to be more prepared for what to expect when they graduate
- I'm keen to hear advice from anyone that has experience in this space
Good morning LJC,
Some of you may remember that last week I sent an email out to try and find some people that would be interested in helping a University Professor with his research study. We have made quite a few intros which was great, it made my mind wander about if there was not more interaction that we could foster between academia and companies in the software industry.
I wrote to another university with which we have a very good bond to see if we could help connect Professors OR Students with companies. Their response was that they were very keen to increase the amount of projects that are industry based. They were referring more to students than professors though, which is great. At RecWorks we're firm believers in helping assist with talent development - the way I see it, this as a potential way of helping students get more mentoring and become more prepared for what to expect when they graduate.
I'm now looking into that further to see what kind of collaboration this university would need, but I thought I would write to you, the LJC members, to find out if there is anyone with experience in this space. Just to be clear, I'm NOT referring to internships here, but students that have a final year project to complete.
- Are you a student that has done a project tied to industry?
- How did you connect with the company?
- What did you get out of it?
- Did you meet with the company often?
- Would you recommend others follow suit?
- Were there any things you would have changed?
- Are you a company that has worked with students on projects, as part of their courses in the past? (NOT INTERNSHIPS)
- What sort of project was it?
- How did you interview/select the student?
- Was it valuable to you?
- Was there anything you would change about it?
- Would you recommend other companies to do it?
- What kind of projects would you recommend offering?
- Are you a startup or established company that would be interested in connecting with students as part of their industrial experience?
- Have you done this before?
- What sort of project would you like to have completed?
- What are you expecting to get out of it?
I am quite happy to receive emails either back to this list or to me personally at [address removed] if you'd rather not share your experiences with everyone.
Thanks in advance.
| [address removed]
| Skype barrycranford
| Office [masked] | Fax: [masked] |
For all our latest jobs, visit www.recworks.co.uk/jobsRecWorks Ltd | Registered in England and Wales. Registered No. [masked]
Email disclaimer: This email contains information which may be confidential. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) do not copy this communication, or disclose it to any other person. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately, delete the message from your computer system and destroy any copies. Except where this email is sent in the usual course of our business, any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of RecWorks Ltd. Although RecWorks Ltd operates anti-virus programs, it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by viruses being passed. Replies to this email may be monitored and/or recorded by RecWorks Ltd for operational or business reasons.