Long Beach Piano Meetup Group Message Board › Bill Cunliffe and Allison Edwards to perform at Alvas Showroom today @ 4pm.

Bill Cunliffe and Allison Edwards to perform at Alvas Showroom today @ 4pm.

Richard S.
ComQuest
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 6
Hey, I just learned that one of my favorite local piano artists is performing some Rachmaninoff, Debussy, and Gershwin (along with Cunliffe's own compositions) today (May 5) at the Alvas Showroom, 1417 W 18th St, San Pedro. It's $20. I've never been to this venue, but it looks nice. (See http://www.alvasshowr...­)

I'll be there, if there's room.

<<Richard>>
Richard S.
ComQuest
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 7
Bill Cunliffe is amazing! He and Ms. Edwards played several duets (on two Steinway grands - a B and a C - in perfect tune). But what Bill does best is improvise extemporaneously on any theme, classical or jazz. He's an excellent jazz pianist! I'll be attending all his local gigs from now on.

And BTW, there were only about six guests in the audience, plus the owner, a sound technician, and the two musicians. It was very intimate and informal. People don't know what they're missing at his venue! It's an old dance studio, and the attached music store sells ballet and tap dancing shoes and tutus, in addition to a HUGE variety of electric and acoustic guitars and related equipment.