I've updated this page in November 2013 after our founding Organizer, Sue Rosen, passed away. Since the group's inception, it has become even more of a social group where we get together and where wonderful friendships are created, than an outdoor hiking type group. Along with our dedicated Co-Organizers Gene, Lew, and Arlene, and Meeting Event Organizer Stephan, we plan and offer events that we would love to share with others, but not necessarily strenuous type activities. Just about any type of event can be offered here, and it's the wonderful mix of people and the activity that will make this group ROCK! We do dinners out; We do game days and nights; We do festivals, we do concerts; indoor and outdoor.... dinners, both casual and gourmet; movies, lectures, walks, picnics; We do free stuff, we do fancy meals and pot luck dinners with live music thrown in for good measure.... and any and all ideas that our members might come up with that fit the bill.... I can go on, but you can look at our events, past present and future and decide for yourself! You will find many wonderful times and amazing friendships in this group!
I need to ask for a few things that will help keep the group running well
1) If you haven't already, please post a picture. We would like to see your face so we can recognize you at our events.
2) Many of the meetups are free and/or only cost what you choose to spend.
3) There is a yearly $10- member commitment fee when you join which is required in order to be in this group and receive the e-mailings of all the wonderful events. This is less than 84 cents a month! Please send dues via paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org (a faster method, so you will automatically come up as paid) or mail to me at Diane Berg, 660 Park Avenue, Huntington, NY 11743. You can always contact me by using the Organizer email button or by leaving a message on my cell phone: 631-335-1050. Make sure you give your name and contact number! I ask for yours as well as I may contact you personally. I promise you that the $10.00 you send in as consideration for the great events and time spent will be returned tenfold or more as we do have great times together!
4) I love, appreciate and want your input and hopefully, you will participate and make the group even better. Please reach out to me anytime! My phone number and email are readily available to you!
5) Lastly, I would prefer you only RSVP YES to events you plan to attend.... you do not have to tell me you're not coming... EXCEPT THAT I'd like you to please update your rsvp's if your plans change - Then change to a no. If you don't show up when you say yes, it causes confusion for everyone involved as the event host will be frantically looking or waiting for you. Also, if you don't rsvp and just come, you will not have received updates, such as cancellation or a change. I try to keep a great communication open, so your rsvp tells me what I need to do to take care of you! You can always call me the day of the event if you want to change something! IF You join and do not attend events after many months, or if there are more than 3 No Shows, without explanation, or I have not received your member fee within a reasonable time, I may remove you from the group.
We are definitely about creating many new and lasting friendships. This group is as upbeat and as drama free as humanly possible. We're all in this together for the same wonderful journey and great memories.
If anyone has any issues, difficulties or suggestions please contact me. I will resolve your questions as soon as possible
Looking forward to only fun and happy times together!:)
With warmest wishes,
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Sue's Long Island Days and Nice Nights Out Social Group||May 3, 2016 4:09 PM||anonymous|