Long Beach Geeks Message Board › Let's Play D&D!

Let's Play D&D!

Ganna
Magoda
Group Organizer
Lakewood, CA
Post #: 17
Been seeing a lot of 'player looking for group' personal ads on here, so I propose this:

I'm willing to DM a set of one-shots of increasing level. Want to make a character and stick with them through the series? Awesome! Only have time for one or two sessions? That works too! Wanna make a new character for each session? Go for it!
Setting will be high fantasy, but not entirely serious-let's have some fun! Default edition is the ever-prevalent 4e, unless there is a demand for good ol' 3.5.

If you want to get in on this hot monster-slaying, adventuring action, post here! I'll post more details if there's any interest.
Julio
user 8682931
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 5
been a long while since i played d&d, so im definitely interested
A former member
Post #: 1
never played D&D but always wanted to learn. room for a noobie?
Ganna
Magoda
Group Organizer
Lakewood, CA
Post #: 19
Sure thing. 4e is pretty easy to pick up.
A former member
Post #: 3
I play 100% 3.5, but I'm willing to give 4.0 a try. Any one got a PDF of the PHB?
A former member
Post #: 54
I play 100% 3.5, but I'm willing to give 4.0 a try. Any one got a PDF of the PHB?

*shifty eyes*
"What, you mean, like... a pirated copy? But that would be illegal! Who would do such a thing?"

Seriously though, Can we get a mod ruling on whether its kosher to discuss/share this sort of thing? Some websites like to ban that sort of talk entirely and play it safe, some don't care. Just looking for a reading on what's OK here.

Anyway, I want to play d&d too. 4e is my preferred system, and I would like to be in a another game. I'm not rolling dice often enough for my taste, as it is.
Roane
roane242
Bellflower, CA
Post #: 6
Hey, that sounds like fun. I'd love to give it a shot if the scheduling works.

I'd be just as happy playing 3e/Pathfinder or something like Savage Worlds, but I'm happy to pick up the 4E books, too. The most important thing to me is a good group.

-Roane

Edit: Oh, schedule-wise, a couple of hours weekday evenings works best for me.
A former member
Post #: 34
I'm interested but I only know 3.5 (and the much older AD&D 2.0).

I don't think I'm on board if it is 4.0; I just don't have time
to learn - or get confused - with another version.
I'll try to keep track here and see what develops.
Charlie
Christina
daria1275
Costa Mesa, CA
Post #: 5
I may be interested, but it has been years since I have played. I have only ever played 4e, but am willing to learn. Just depends on when and where it will be held.
  P.
PhotoJoe
Bellflower, CA
Post #: 1,053
Interested but don't know if I can commit without letting folks down by missing sessions. . . being a single parent can suck in that regard.