Long Beach Geeks Message Board › Let's Play D&D!

Let's Play D&D!

Jason F.
Chanceless
Garden Grove, CA
Post #: 1
4.0 is real fun, and real easy to play. I've manage to keep on going campaigns
with this edition than others.

Be weary of 3.5 trolls, they can wreck a game quick. Crying about all the moves you
get, or how it's not real quick. It wrecks it for everyone.
Ganna
Magoda
Group Organizer
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 20
Hurray for interest! Keep in mind these are going to be episodic sessions, missing one or two won't lead to falling behind level or story-wise.
As for the whole digital books issue, I think its alright to acknowledge their existence (especially since they are apparently back on sale)...just don't go posting links to be safe.
That said, if people can't get a hold of the books I think we could hold a character building session and get by with sharing books/using printouts.
k
user 81407452
Huntington Beach, CA
Never played, but always been interested in trying it. Would totally be down to.
Cam
user 24557532
Long Beach, CA
Oh man, I've always really wanted to try D&D, but I've never had a chance to learn, so I'm definitely interested. It looks like a lot of people are, though, so I guess I'll see what's scheduled for the first session. Weekday sessions are fine with me, I work 8:30-5 on the regular. Might be able to interest a friend, also a newbie, not sure.
Ganna
Magoda
Group Organizer
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 21
If demand is crazy high I can always hold two sessions. The question now is weeknights vs weekends.
Fujio R.
Princeofpie
San Pedro, CA
I play 100% 3.5, but I'm willing to give 4.0 a try. Any one got a PDF of the PHB?
yeah yeah i checked 4.0 for pdf long time ago.
http://www.wizards.co...­

maybe that will give you some insights?^
Cam
user 24557532
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 2
I say week-nights. I think it would be easier to hold regular sessions then; other things always come up or are scheduled on the weekends. That's only my own preference, though. Is there a way to hold a vote?
Tom P.
user 19433451
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 4
My vote would be for 3.5 (though I've only ever played 2 & 3.0) on a week day. And incidentally, I am currently part of a once-per-month (2nd Sunday, usually) al-Qadim campaign (2nd ed. dnd) which desperately needs a few more members.
Aaron
user 8036427
Huntington Beach, CA
Post #: 328
I've played every edition except the original and 4th.
Way back, I had an al-Qadim character in a FR campaign. I'll have to see if I can free up 2nd Sundays reliably.
XX
BIG_PARA
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 155
Ill be DMing a 3.5 Game for beginners at the War House on Saturday 3.16.12 Noon to 4PM

Here is a link to the 3.5 open game content http://www.dandwiki.c...­

Email me for what kind of character you want to play. If you send me your email I can get you your character before the game so you can check it over.

Contact me through meet up email for my number so you can find us at the game store.
Right now we have
DM:Me
Players
1 Morganna Human Cleric of Wee Jas
2 Julio Gray Elf Wizard
3 Fujio Friend Deep Halfling Rogue
4 Jake Half Orc Fighter
5 Fujio High Elf Sorceress