Long Beach Geeks Message Board › Costumes and Cosplay

Costumes and Cosplay

Morganna
Magoda
Group Organizer
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 22
Any interest here in the costume arts?

On that note, anybody have any need for an assembled small women's Daedric cuirass (Skyrim) paperform? I've got one thats pretty much ready to be modified/fiberglassed but its just too narrow for me :P
Morganna
Magoda
Group Organizer
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 26
Bumping with a photo: A test of making a 3D animal eye that's see-thru and will follow people around a room.

P.
PhotoJoe
Bellflower, CA
Post #: 1,069
Bumping with a photo: A test of making a 3D animal eye that's see-thru and will follow people around a room.

You made this? Nice!
Fujio R.
Princeofpie
San Pedro, CA
Post #: 10
Toni and I want to be Ashitaka and San from Princess Mononoke

i just don't know where to start but i'll upload the picture of ashitaka

and San

Morganna
Magoda
Group Organizer
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 32
Here's a good tutorial for the San mask: http://meanlilkitty.d...­
The actual outfits look pretty straight forward- Sen's looks like a tank top over a dress with some furry boots, some faux fur and sculpy claws for the cape... Ashitaka's coat could be sewn pretty easily, as could the hat.
  P.
PhotoJoe
Bellflower, CA
Post #: 1,077

I can help you with the bow if you decide to use it.
Morganna
Magoda
Group Organizer
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 33
Did you want the grass cape too?
Fujio R.
Princeofpie
San Pedro, CA
Post #: 12
Photojoe: yes i would like some help with the bow

Morganna: yes i do want grass mantle also i really don't know how to make one
  P.
PhotoJoe
Bellflower, CA
Post #: 1,086
For the bow: You'll need a brown paint suitable for use on PVC plastic, perhaps primer to go under the paint [I've had success with brown shoe polish/dye without primer], an epoxy, sandpaper or other sanding tool, something to use as a handle wrap (a length of brown cord or leather) and length of black or brown paracord to be the bow string.

I can have the bow constructed for you all the way up to epoxying the cut tips into a pointed shape (thus your need for epoxy and sanding tools to sand down the dried epoxy to paint-ready smoothness). You'll only have to finish the tips, as I've already mentioned, paint the bow, wrap the handle, and string the bow. Bonus: It'll be a functional bow if you have arrows handy.

If you're generally handy with tools (and have a heat-gun, PVP cutter/hacksaw/dremmel, and some lumber) I can walk you through the whole process and you'll be able to do it yourself from raw materials to completed bow instead of me providing you with a bow to modify to the profile of the one pictured.
Morganna
Magoda
Group Organizer
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 35
For the cape, I'd make a real basic cape out of some cheap muslin with a snap closure, and hot glue on rows of that tiki table fringe you can find at any party store.