TinkerMill: The Longmont Makerspace Message Board › UPDATE on Creating a Longmont Hackerspace...

UPDATE on Creating a Longmont Hackerspace...

Scott C.
scottconverse
Group Organizer
Longmont, CO
Lots of progress to report.

1) We have a colorado Non Profit Corporation formed.

TINKERMILL  ID #: 20131379977

2) We have an IRS EIN number (like a SSN for a nonprofit/business...meaning: we can open a bank account).

3) We have a mailing address (a PO box type setup):

TinkerMill
1130 Francis Street STE 7116
Longmont CO  80501

4) We have a WINNER for our logo (Excellent work guys!):

5) We have finalized (but not yet Board of Directors adopted) By-Laws viewable here:
https://docs.google.c...­

6) We have a potential short term (through Oct) space at Twin Peaks Mall at a price of $250-500 per month (depending on size...1500SF or 3000SF).  I have informed the Mall we would like to proceed, but we haven't picked which one yet (based on what happens with #7 below)

7) We have ANOTHER potential space with the city at The Firehouse building.  I am meeting with City personnel tomorrow (Friday) morning to see what they have and the terms.  We may want to use this space for meetings and classes and the smaller Mall space for gear, tools and workshops.

Thank you to everyone helping us get here this quickly.  We're less than 2 months into this and making pretty darned good progress.

I will NOT be at this Tuesday's meeting.   Lindsay (our VP designate) and Karl (our Secretary designate) will be there however.

I am available to all via email (scott.converse@gmail.com) or phone (303) 875-1243 if you have any questions.  Don't hesitate to reach out.

Scott