It's time again for a party at the W Hotel! And while this year's survey results for having a "Valentine's Day party" or an "anti-Valentine's Day party" haven't been tabulated, my thinking was we could each pick our own reason, whether it be celebrating or lamenting romance or the lack thereof, honoring ancient martyrs, drinking on a day that ends in a "y," or just enjoying complimentary chocolate-covered strawberries the W Hotel will be distributing to the ladies (sexist, no?).
Really, all I can do is offer several kitschy holiday reasons to dress up and have copious amounts of alcohol in a really classy place. For example:
• You don't have a significant other. (Drink!)
• Or, conversely, you do have a significant other. (Drink!)
• The U.S. Greeting Card Association estimates that 1 billion cards are exchanged on Valentine's Day each year. And even though that's over three per person in the U.S., you didn't get a single one. (Drink!)
• The first recorded Valentines Day was in 270 A.D. and it feels like that may have been when you had your last date. (Drink!)
• Or, conversely, it feels like 270 A.D. was when you were first chained to your significant other. (Drink!)
• You haven't had a drink since Tuesday at the Berghoff. (Drink!)
• On average, 11,000 children are conceived each Valentine's Day. That means every Valentine's Day you ladies have roughly a 1 in 800 chance of getting pregnant. (Drink!)
You get the picture.
Regardless, we're doing another dressy-uppie get together at the W Hotel. If you missed the last swanky gala, pictures are here: swanky gala pictures. It was an amazing time, so come on out!
Bryan and Tom
More weird Valentine's Day Fun Facts that I don't believe:
According to a Retail Marketing and Advertising Association survey:
53% of women claim they would end their relationship if they didn't receive a Valentine's Day gift after expressing the importance of the day to their significant others.
41% of men forget to buy Valentine's Day gifts for their significant others, intentionally don't guy gifts, or fall for the "you don't need to get me anything" Jedi-mind-trick-slash-double-entendre.
To that end, ladies who fall within that 53% who are dating men who fall in the 41%, hit the following link for some scandalous and completely inappropriate break-up e-cards (break-up e-cards) and we'll see you at the Berghoff on Tuesday.
The W Hotel. 172 W. Adams
The Living Room Lounge. Ground floor.
The side bar to the right of the Living Room.