It's time for another field trip to Hawthorne Racecourse to imbibe copious amounts of alcohol while gambling on ponies, so let's ramp up the sinning. Three things to understand first:
** This is a must-do event. Every time we've done this, nobody remembers it happened. Yes, it's that much fun. Doctors, reschedule all your surgical operation commitments to Monday. **
** I'll update this page as details get finalized--still figuring out logistics (read below) **
** This is a dressie-uppie thing. Race-day garb encouraged; that means hats and dresses for the ladies and jackets and ties and pipes for the gentlemen. Stay classy--this is how we can get uber-loaded and still get invited back. **
We're heading to Hawthorne Racecourse for a day of mimosas and playing the ponies. We've done this before and it's been an absolute blast (see the evidence here: [career-ending photos]). What's it cost? $30 bucks per person. What do you get for that? Check this out:
1) A 3-hour open-bar package with our own dedicated bartender. Drink as much as you possibly can in three hours without waiting in line because we'll have our own bar set up for the thirty-something of us. Top-shelf booze? Yep, they've got that. Beer and wine? Yep, that, too. Basically, it's booze Nirvana.
2) A free race-day program. I don't know what these usually cost, but you get one for free so you're saving some money.
3) Our own dedicated wage-taker. Want to place a bet, but don't want to walk twenty yards to a kiosk or to the waging window? No worries. You can stumble to our very own person.
4) And get this: We've got Chrissy: our very own professional wage consultant. Don't know how to bet on the ponies? Want to learn? Chrissy is the most amazing (seriously, she's epic) pony handicapper on the face of the planet and she'll be with us to teach us how to read the form, place educated wages, and help us to earn our rent money. Bonus: She's super smoking hot (I'm personally biased). There's your $30 value right there.
5) Our own Club Concourse Party Box. We've got our own party place for our group, so we won't have to mingle with the non-alcoholics.
6) Oh, plus free admission to the park, which would've been $4 or somewhere around there. Just read the above and do the bar math. This is a great deal.
Again, right now, this stands at $30 per person. Transportation is not provided (you're on your own for this one, there and back), but I'm working on options for that, so stay tuned. The price may go up if I can secure a reasonable trolly or bus. Pay your $30 now to get reserve your ticket and if I secure transportation, I'll send a message to the RSVPs for more funds to cover that. Right now we're limited to 32 people. If David can get us more tickets, that'd be awesome. Otherwise, we're sticking to the head count. So, here's how to do this:
1) Buy your ticket on Paypal. (Click on the Paypal link below.)
2) Then come back to this page and RSVP "yes." If you bought more than one ticket, RSVP +1 or +2 or whatever the case may be. DON'T RSVP if you haven't bought and paid for a ticket. Got that? Seriously, got that?
3) If we don't see each other before the Berghoff or at another CLHHG event, I'll have your ticket with your name on it waiting at the Hawthorn entrance gate.
4) If you're not coming, there's no need to RSVP "no."
Bryan, Tommy, Chrissy, and David.
P.S.: This does not include food. Horses run regardless of weather for the most part. Options exist for multi-cab transportation back home, which we can figure out if I don't secure a bus or trolly. There're no refunds on RSVPs because we're reserving space--sorry. This'll be a blast!