add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Los Angeles Accessibility and Inclusive Design Message Board › GS Jam - Design thinking/innovation hackathon

GS Jam - Design thinking/innovation hackathon

John A.
user 13986398
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 12
Hi Joseph and All ,

My name is John and I am the Manager of Interactive Strategy and User Experience at Pepperdine University. We have met in the past at various UX events.

I am helping organize a design thinking/innovation hackathon this March 7-9 and I want to reach out and let this meet up group know about it as it is a perfect opportunity for Accessibility service design thinking.

Check it out -

The Service Jam is similar to a hackathon or start-up weekend; however, instead of focusing just on technology, the focus is on using a human-centered design process (and the tools of design thinking and service design) to concept and prototype new services. It's a global event, taking place over one weekend in 90+ cities around the globe.

The goal of the jam is capacity building, community collaboration, education, and to empower people with knowledge in a hands-on learning environment.

Participants will experience an entire innovation design process (research, prototyping, etc.) in just 2.5 days. DOING, NOT TALKING is the jam motto :)

These short videos provide some good insight into what the Jam is all about:
London Sustainability Jam:­
Berlin Service Jam:­

The registration is now open and there are a limited number of spots available, so if you have interest sign up early.

Learn more!
Email us!
Tweet us!  @gsjlosangeles
Like us!  https://www.facebook....­

John Ayers